What are the benefits of GeoPriSM?
Stipends to support GeoPriSM activities
- GeoPriSM participants will get stipends to support their time spent on GeoPriSM activities, including:
- Stipends of $100/day for full day institutes outside of regular teaching days.*
- Stipends of $10/hour for afternoon, evening, or half-day sessions.*
- Award of $400 for completion of an accepted student Community Atlas project.*
*Stipends and awards will be issued approximately 3 times per year—at the end of the summer, in December, and in June up to limits of available funding. Stipend amount based on funding for the 2014-2015 budget year. Availability and amount of stipend for future years is dependent on project funding.
Free GIS software
- GeoPriSM participants will have access to free desktop and online GIS software, including:
- ArcGIS for Desktop software through the NH State license program.
- ArcGIS Online Account in the NHEdGIS organizational account.
- ArcGIS Online Organizational account for your school or district through the EdConnect program.
Free GIS training
GeoPriSM participants will have free access to training in a variety of GPS, GIS and remote sensing topics, including:
- Summer Spatial Institutes
- Esri Virtual Campus courses
- Monthly professional development opportunities during the school year
Direct GIS support
GeoPriSM participants will have direct access to specialists to support their teaching activities. Questions will be answered by email or phone. GeoPriSM will also provide connections to content and geospatial professionals to help support teaching activities throughout the school year.